When planning a trip to Amsterdam, you should pay attention that visiting various excursions and programs involves high expenses.
For those who have come to the capital of the Netherlands in order to visit as many museums as possible, make trips around the city, take a boat trip and embrace the cultural and historical layer of Amsterdam, there is a special City Card - I amsterdam.
Such a card is a fairly convenient option for traveling around the city. There are several options for the City Card - for 24, 48, 72 or 96 hours of validity. The card starts functioning from the moment of its activation (first use) and is valid for a certain number of hours. The cost of the card depends on its validity period: 24 hours - 60 euros, 48 hours - 80 euros, 72 hours = 95 euros, 96 hours - 105 euros and 120 hours - 115 euros.
The price of visiting all the attractions included in the card is more than 450 euros. Of course, it is impossible to visit all of them, but even if you choose 2-3 museums and take a boat ride, the card will pay off.
How to buy online
The card can be bought online at the official ticket office on the website www.tiqets.com and pick up at one of the pick-up points:
- In Schiphol airport (Schiphol) at the I amsterdam Visitor Center, arrivals zone 2, open daily from 07:00 to 22:00
- In a white building just opposite the central station (Amsterdam Centraal), from 09:00 to 17:00 hours.
- I amsterdam Store, north entrance to the central station (opposite from the main entrance). Open daily from 8 am to 6 pm, Sunday from 9 am.
The purchase process takes a few minutes. Choose, for example, 2 cards for 48 hours, 80 euros each. Click Go to next step.
Enter your First name, Last name, your email and contact phone number. Press the button Confirm (Confirm your booking), pay.
The booking code instantly comes to your mail, and will also be available in the purchase history in your account on the website, which will also be created automatically.
Where to use
- When traveling by any type of GVB public transport (bus, tram, metro). The number of trips is unlimited.
- Free entry to most of the city's museums and sightseeing in the Zaanse Schans.
- As a free app, City Card I amsterdam holders receive a handy city map with directions and points of interest.
- You can take a guided walk along the canals once, costing 16 euros.
- Significant discounts are provided when purchasing tickets to theaters, concerts, as well as restaurants and rental offices.
- Holders of this card receive bonuses, prizes and special monthly offers.
- Free admission to the main museums in Haarlem.
- Free ferry ride from Volendam to Marken. And various types of discounts in both cities.
Options for obtaining a card
- It can be ordered online for home delivery. The card will be delivered to almost any corner of the world with DHL. Together with the City Card I amsterdam, you will also receive an A-Mag magazine and a city card. The cost of this service depends on your location. But in any case, the maximum delivery time is no more than 6 days.
- Collection on arrival. In order to receive the City Card I amsterdam, you must order it online. Next comes an electronic confirmation, which must be printed. City Card can only be obtained in person upon arrival at the point of issue. In the Netherlands, there are 2 points for obtaining prepaid cards:
- At the airport (Amsterdam Airport Schiphol): Arrivals hall no. 2, Tourist Information counter.
- At Amsterdam Central Station in the Information Center at Stationsplein, Stationsplein 10.
- I amsterdam card personal, it cannot be used by several people.
- You can use it to enter the museum only once.
- Travel from the airport to the city is not included in the service of this card.
- Most museums in Amsterdam are free for children and teenagers. But by ordering the special I amsterdam child card for children between the ages of 10 and 18, you will save a lot of money.
If you are still in doubt, then develop your own route and calculate how profitable this offer is, the total cost of museums included in the card is 434 euros, transport - from 7.5 to 21.50 euros, a boat trip (Canal Cruise Ticket) - 16 euros ...
List of museums
|MUSEUM||PRICE €||BY CARD I Amsterdam|
|Artis Royal Zoo||20.50||0|
|Portrait Gallery "Golden Age"||17.50||0|
|Van Gogh Museum||17.00||0|
|Nieuwequerque Churches In Amsterdam||16.00||0|
|Het Scheepvaartmuseum Hotel||15.00||0|
|Jewish Cultural Quarter||15.00||0|
|Science Center Nemo||15.00||0|
|Amsterdam City Museum||15.00||0|
|Museum of the Tropics||15.00||0|
|Micropia - the first museum of microbes||14.00||0|
|State Museum Het||13.00||0|
|Het Schip Museum||12.50||0|
|Allard Pearson Museum - Archaeological Museum||10.00||0|
|Bijzondere Collecties Museum of Special Collections||10.00||0|
|Foam - Museum of Photography||10.00||0|
|EYE, Film Museum||10.00||0|
|Verzetsmuseum - Dutch Resistance Museum||10.00||0|
|Amsterdam Pipe Museum||10.00||0|
|Amsterdam Diamond Museum||10.00||0|
|Cobra Museum of Contemporary Art||9.50||0|
|Wang Lung Museum||9.00||0|
|Bijbelsmuseum - Bible Museum||8.50||0|
|Huis Marseille Photography Museum||8.00||0|
|De Appel Center for the Arts||7.00||0|
|Museum Tot Zover - Funeral Museum||7.00||0|
|Stadsarchief Amsterdam - City Archives||6.00||0|
|Persmuseum - Press Museum||4.50||0|
|Amsterdam Arena - Ajax Stadium Tours||16.00||0|
|Het Grachtenhuis - Canal Museum||12.00||0|
|Molen van Sloten & Kuiperijmuseum||8.00||0|
|Amsterdam Tulip Museum||5.00||0|
|Woonbootmuseum - Boat House Museum||4.50||0|
Also significant savings on public transport.
Trams, buses and metro by Gvb.nl in Amsterdam
|The validity of the pass||Price in EUR||BY CARD I Amsterdam|
Transportation outside of Amsterdam is not included in the service - this also applies to trains between cities.
The cost of the card includes one boat trip worth 16 euros, you can board at 14 different berths conveniently located in the city center.
If you are planning an active cultural vacation in Amsterdam, then the I Amsterdam card will save you more than a dozen euros, I recommend it.